Sunday, March 9, 2014

Delicious Assignment

It can be difficult and time consuming to find reliable, and resourceful educational websites.  There are so many sites that can waste your time because they know what key words will be looked for in search engines and they include those key words in there description to match your search parameters.  I certainly clicked on a few websites that were not at all what I was looking for and wasted my time.  However, I was fortunate enough that most of the websites I included on my delicious page were sites that I have seen or heard of other teachers using them.  Though I had never used most of these sites before, it gave me a starting point and I was able to go through the website and examine its validity and resourcefulness.  While looking for these educational websites I did not run across any websites that were just trying to sell me something, although I know they are out there because I have come across them before while searching for other things on the internet. While I was searching, for every one valuable website I found, I found two sites that were not valuable.  Most of the web 2.0 websites I went to I had heard of but never really examined or experienced them and I was quite impressed that they were user friendly and so interactive.  Each one offers up its own
unique benefits that can relate to all kinds of courses and curriculum.  It is certainly an eye opener to explore more of these web 2.0 sites and discover those that would work best in my classroom for my students to better their educational development.  " Web 2.0, the social Web, is us finding ourselves once again. And, it is finding how we naturally learn--not in timed segments in a regimented and pre-packaged way, but constantly, in conversation, in groups, serendipitously.   Web 2.0 technologies and open education learning design, employed by imaginative teachers, create a landscape of learning--collaborative, problem-based, experiential--that is closer to our nature than the ranked, single voice classrooms so abundant in recent times" (Batson, 2009).  I did not have many of the same sites as my fellow classmates that I followed.  This may be due to the fact that several of my sites are related to my subject of health and physical education and this is not their field.  Of the websites I selected, I liked that they offered some value either for me, or my students or both.  They either helped provide me with ideas, templates, activities, lesson plans, modifications and accommodations. They also provided my students with interactive social websites that engage them and help them learn. 
 


Bibliography:


Batson, T. (2009, 04 15). Why is web 2.0 important to higher education?. Retrieved from http://campustechnology.com/Articles/2009/04/15/Why-Web-2.0-is-Important-to-Higher-Education.aspx?Page=3

No comments:

Post a Comment